Colonial Country Club Breaks Ground On $6.5 Million Clubhouse Renovation
By Dave Daubert
Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Fla. has broken ground on a $6.5 million clubhouse renovation and enhancement project. The project, which is expected to take approximately nine months to complete, will expand the functionality of the clubhouse, create more flexible open space and elevate the members' dining experience. Three years of planning, resident surveys and a series of town hall discussions occurred prior to construction beginning. The club is managed by Troon Prive'. Highlights of the project include:
* Refresh the external and internal appearance of the 16-year-old facility
* Addition of 1,800 square feet of dining space, creating additional capacity
* 1,500 square feet of external dining space will be added and will provide beautiful views of the golf course
* The Design will give the feeling of bringing the outside in
* The bar area will open into the main dining room
* New indoor/outdoor bar and dining area will be created with the addition of nanowalls to provide flexibility to dine al fresco or indoors
* Additional breakout rooms/event space and a new media room will be added
* Increase the size and layout of the kitchen to expand storage and productivity
* A new employee breakroom will be added, plus refreshed administrative offices
* Décor will be updated to create a fresh new look
* Member relations area will be expanded at the front entrance of the clubhouse to provide a warmer welcome to potential and current members
"We're excited to finally get this project in motion," said Jim Karafa, General Manager, Colonial Country Club. "When completed, the renovation will create a fantastic and welcoming environment for our members at the same time expanding capacity in the clubhouse, additional multi-function meeting space and elevating our food and beverage offerings."
Colonial's clubhouse originally opened in 2004. In 2014, the clubhouse underwent a renovation aimed at enhancing and updating the overall look. In 2015, an exterior, open-air patio area was added to the clubhouse to enhance member events, weddings and casual dining.
Colonial Country Club is a full-service club and gated bundled community in Southwest Florida. The club's 18-hole, par 72, 7375-yard golf course was designed by Gordon Lewis and is supported by an award-winning Golf Shop and PGA Professional Joe Sucato, while the tennis program under the direction of USPTA Jeff Timmer features eight Har-Tru tennis courts, eight pickleball courts, two bocce courts and a full-service Tennis Shop. Colonial Country Club members also enjoy two resort-style swimming pools and jacuzzis, a large deck area for sunning and lounging, a poolside snack bar, and an indoor fitness and community center with state-of-the-art equipment, aerobics room, private massage rooms, a meeting room, book exchange library and a business center.
For more information on Colonial Country Club, visit www.colonialgolfclub.com or call (239) 768-9421.
Revised: 05/12/2020 - Article Viewed 159 Times - View Golf Course Profile
About: Dave Daubert
David has been writing about golf since the turn of the century. He was Managing Editor at a regional golf magazine for 11 years, published in Canada, the IAGTO and a Staff Writer for The Georgia Golf Trail. His insightful perspective brings golf to life.